Ride Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ride Connection

Ride Connection – It’s the Ride Buddy Forum. Want to ride, but don’t have someone to go with? The Ride Connection is the place to hook up with others who also want to get out but haven’t got a ride buddy. Log on, post where and when, then GO SNOWMOBILING

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2006 and 2007 Polaris FST riders

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FSTTOUR

FSTTOUR

2006 and 2007 Polaris FST riders Empty
PostSubject: 2006 and 2007 Polaris FST riders   2006 and 2007 Polaris FST riders EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 2:35 pm

For those who ride a Polaris 2006/07 FST beware --- Polaris has a manufacturer fault in their front torque arms. I broke mine a few weeks back on the trail. Machine has 4000 kms and is just starting it's third season. Trail ridden only, not abused and carefully maintained. I am lucky in the fact that mine broke at low speed, so it only spun the machine around on the trail. At full trail speed it would have rolled the machine -- and the rider ???? who knows what would have happened, but it wouldn't have been pleasant. Torque bars break at the welds and rotate upward into track and drive, stops track instantly, holes the track, damages the drive, can bend drive shaft. And best of all Polaris won't honour it if the warranty has run out. Hundreds of these "accidents" online with pictures - so Polaris can't say they aren't aware of the problem. Polaris will only respond to the dealer and other than writing a letter or email, which gets no response, you have no options. Maybe Transport Canada would like to be made aware - as motor vehicles( no matter how old) have to have safety recalls done free of charge. WARNING - check your torque bars for rust or pelled paint at the welds Sign me a one very pissed and disappointed Polaris rider
Back to top Go down
Jman99

2006 and 2007 Polaris FST riders Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2006 and 2007 Polaris FST riders   2006 and 2007 Polaris FST riders EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 10:30 am

Glad to hear your okay. I will have to check my 2006 FST Touring this weekend for possible issues.
Thanks for the info
Jim
Back to top Go down

2006 and 2007 Polaris FST riders
Page 1 of 1