Ride Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ride Connection

Ride Connection – It’s the Ride Buddy Forum. Want to ride, but don’t have someone to go with? The Ride Connection is the place to hook up with others who also want to get out but haven’t got a ride buddy. Log on, post where and when, then GO SNOWMOBILING

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Next weekend ride booked: Abitibi region

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Parisite

Parisite

Next weekend ride booked: Abitibi region Empty
PostSubject: Next weekend ride booked: Abitibi region   Next weekend ride booked: Abitibi region EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 8:48 am

trucking to Ville-marie, PQ (same distance - 600km - as Liskeard from Paris), riding to Val D'or, PQ Friday, Val D'or to La Sarre Saturday, La Sarre back to truck Sunday. 650 km round trip, $100 a nite rooms, good conditions reported, favourable weather, not too cold, sunny, in touring mode with rumble seat and bags and translator on the back...can't wait. 210-250 km per day on smooth trails, I think she can handle it
Back to top Go down
Parisite

Parisite

Next weekend ride booked: Abitibi region Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next weekend ride booked: Abitibi region   Next weekend ride booked: Abitibi region EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:05 pm

Well as usual trail maps, interactive web maps and odometer never agree so we had 10-15% more mileage then was supposed to be...but when riding in PQ, as usual, all trails perfect, signage good (except for individual hoteliers----some of these guys must lose on a lot of business....you just can't find them once you get to the town limits) and lots of snow. Zero road rash, rode TQ63 out of Ville marie, up 309 thru Moffat for lunch, Rapide Sept. over the dam, and then into Val D'or. Next day rode approx 300 km to LaSarre on TQ83 to 307 Northto TQ93 ....stayed at Villa Mon Repos, nothing special, but they really take car of sledders, signs start 20km before town and once you get in town, every turn....EVERY TURN....they have a sign telling you which way to go....hey you been riding all day, you're tired, thirsty and you want to get to the room...every town has a cluster when you get to them, but if your business relied on getting sledders into your parking lot, wise-up and put some friggin signs out there...managed to get to Mike's for a Superstar sandwich in Val D'or and spagetti at Mike's in La Sarre...really good chain of restaurants over most of PQ...a treat for us, we get to PQ often enough...met a lot of guys from ON riding Abitibi....very surprised....it shocks me that more guys from ON don't ride PQ...Sunday rode from LSR back to Ville Marie via TQ93 to TQ83 to my truck.....all good but the last 50km, was getting tired, light was getting flat and I knew I had a 6 hours to get home...but EZ drive, the cluster at Barrie is died down when you roll through there at 9pm...anybody want suggestions on places to stay or trails, we been up there a lot and happy to share...Happy Trails....Oh and anybody still wants to get a ride in this year drop me a line...no more doubles though, she's done for the year
Back to top Go down

Next weekend ride booked: Abitibi region
Page 1 of 1