Ride Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ride Connection

Ride Connection – It’s the Ride Buddy Forum. Want to ride, but don’t have someone to go with? The Ride Connection is the place to hook up with others who also want to get out but haven’t got a ride buddy. Log on, post where and when, then GO SNOWMOBILING

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kirkland Lake Snowcross Connection

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kenogami

kenogami

Kirkland Lake Snowcross Connection Empty
PostSubject: Kirkland Lake Snowcross Connection   Kirkland Lake Snowcross Connection EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 12:01 pm

The 2009 “NorthernTel Mobility Canadian National Snowcross Championships” go February 27- March 1 at the Civic Service Stadium in Kirkland Lake. This will be the 5th consecutive year for the races which begin with action under the lights Friday night and run during the day on Saturday & Sunday. Kirkland Lake’s Snowcross track (located in a downtown three-ballfield recreation facility) has become a favorite of racers on the Canadian Snowcross Racing Association’s annual circuit through Central Canada and Upper State New York.

Accommodations around the area are extremely tight on that weekend. Kirkland Lake is a sled friendly municipality and you can ride right to the track. Day-visitors in the past have snowmobiled in from as far away as Cochrane but it makes for a VERY long day. If you are thinking of making our snowcross a part of your sledding getaway to Districts 14 or 15, I can direct you to some local spots (all free) where you can trailer & go for the day. I even have a little spare parking area of my own with direct trail access. You can - of course - drive your minivan to the race track but it’s not nearly as much fun!

If you’ve never attended a snowcross, you’re really missing out on a whole other dimension of our sport that’s worth sampling at least once. It even gets an old guy like me stoked! The CSRA hosts spectacular events - fun and exciting to watch and virtually non-stop. Its amazingly safe for the participants considering how much time they spend in the air and how intensely competitive the circuit is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kenogamialmanac.com
Fraz

Fraz

PostSubject: Re: Kirkland Lake Snowcross Connection   Kirkland Lake Snowcross Connection EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 10:54 pm

I'll be in Cochrane for then and may drive down on the day of the finals.
Doo you have a link or know the cost, date and time the finals start?
Thanks in advance for your time.
Back to top Go down
kenogami

kenogami

PostSubject: response for Fraz   Kirkland Lake Snowcross Connection EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 2:36 pm

Daily passes are $15. Pit passes are $10. There is an early bird deal. Details are at this website .... http://www.klfestivals.com/Snowcrosses/index.html

If you know anybody on one of the teams ..you pretty well have to have a pit pass to visit with them. Plus it is so cool to have a look around one of those 40 foot mobile shops that the big teams drag in for the weekend. I watched a techy from Island Racing one year and learned more about clutching in 10 minutes than I thought I knew from dozens of magazine articles.

Friday night races run back to back from 7 to 9 PM. On Saturday qualifying heats begin at 11 AM with main events beginning at 3 PM. It’s steady racing with just a half hour break for lunch. Sunday is the same with the finals after 3 PM including all the Pro classes.

On your way up to Cochrane, stop by and I’ll give you a good local map. I’m the Esso guy on Highway 11 north of the Kenogami Lake bridge.
Back to top Go down
Fraz

Fraz

PostSubject: Re: Kirkland Lake Snowcross Connection   Kirkland Lake Snowcross Connection EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 3:00 pm

Thanks, I'll stop in Mon. Feb.23rd.
Leaving London On. about 6:30 - 7am.
Will you be at the store between 2:30 and 4:30pm?
Back to top Go down
Fraz

Fraz

PostSubject: Re: Kirkland Lake Snowcross Connection   Kirkland Lake Snowcross Connection EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 7:51 pm

The snow is blowing around down here a bit so I may be a little late leaving town.
Got to make sure the drive way is clean for the Mrs.
Back to top Go down
Fraz

Fraz

PostSubject: Re: Kirkland Lake Snowcross Connection   Kirkland Lake Snowcross Connection EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 6:52 pm

Thanks for the directions and great local map.
Maybe we'll see each other at the race on Sun.
I'll be the guy in the only gray rabbit and black leather trapper hat. LOL
Like there won`t be hunderd others wearing trappers hats this weekend.
Looks like the temps are dropping for the weekend.
Back to top Go down
kenogami

kenogami

PostSubject: Re: Kirkland Lake Snowcross Connection   Kirkland Lake Snowcross Connection EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 4:19 pm

It bummed me out missing you on Monday. I’ll be the guy with the pink carnation!!!

In the meantime, let us all know how your off-trail adventures are going. It’s been a challenging year for you paddle track guys around here. The snow is DEEP and sugary with little (if any) layering. I can only imagine how plugged up Abitibi Canyon must be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kirkland Lake Snowcross Connection   Kirkland Lake Snowcross Connection Empty

Back to top Go down

Kirkland Lake Snowcross Connection
Page 1 of 1