Ride Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ride Connection

Ride Connection – It’s the Ride Buddy Forum. Want to ride, but don’t have someone to go with? The Ride Connection is the place to hook up with others who also want to get out but haven’t got a ride buddy. Log on, post where and when, then GO SNOWMOBILING

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Alliston Area Ride

Go down 
+4
Major_Malfunction
kingpin006
dasilvr
Spiffy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Spiffy

Spiffy

Alliston Area Ride Empty
PostSubject: Alliston Area Ride   Alliston Area Ride EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 5:53 pm

The Alliston District Snowmobile Club will be hosting a ride on Sat Jan17th. We will be leaving from Silver Brook golf course at 10am and expect to return to Silver Brooke for dinner.

Everyone is welcome! Details will be available tomorrow after I check the trail conditions on the planned route.

Spiffy
Back to top Go down
dasilvr

dasilvr

Alliston Area Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliston Area Ride   Alliston Area Ride EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 3:36 pm

Spiffy
Sounds like a plan I`m in
Roy
Jackpot
Back to top Go down
Spiffy

Spiffy

Alliston Area Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliston Area Ride   Alliston Area Ride EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 9:28 pm

We have a few people who have spoken and are ready to go. The trails are ready to go. It will be lots of fun.

I will post the route on Fri.

Everyone is welcome!
Back to top Go down
kingpin006

kingpin006

Alliston Area Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliston Area Ride   Alliston Area Ride EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 7:04 am

I'm in.
Anyone coming from the east is welcome to meet at my place and we can all ride to the starting location together.
I live right on the trail west of Thornton on County Rd 56 at the Essa Township Yard. So there will be a bunch of us meeting at my place and riding over together. I would say meet at my place around 9:00am.
Also there is lots of parking at the Township yard on the corner of County Rd 21 & County Rd 56 if anyone wish's to trailer and then we can all ride over together. I know of at least a half dozen "Ride Connection" members that will be leaving from my place.
Also the Tim Horton's / Sunoco in Thornton on Innisfil Beach Rd is another good spot to park and the trail is right across the road.

Starting location will be at the Silver Brooke Golf Club at 10:00am.
Silverbrooke is located on trail 413 between Everett and Lisle.
www.silverbrooke.com
http://www.adsc.ca/prodimg/map2008.pdf
Back to top Go down
Major_Malfunction

Major_Malfunction

Alliston Area Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliston Area Ride   Alliston Area Ride EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 11:26 am

What kind of ride are you planing on having ?

Only asking cause i just put in a new crank and pistons so i have been told to take it easy for the first couple of tanks

MM
Back to top Go down
kingpin006

kingpin006

Alliston Area Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliston Area Ride   Alliston Area Ride EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 11:48 am

Major_Malfunction wrote:
What kind of ride are you planing on having ?

Only asking cause i just put in a new crank and pistons so i have been told to take it easy for the first couple of tanks

MM
You will have no problem, this will be a mixed ride. Meaning everyone from Newbie to Expert.
I am also breaking in a new top end, I experienced pop-a-piston fobeia on Friday afternoon.

We are still working out the details of the ride but really who cares as long as we ride it's all good.
Back to top Go down
flyboy

Alliston Area Ride Empty
PostSubject: Alliston ride   Alliston Area Ride EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 5:03 pm

Sorry I can't make this one .Hope you have a good ride.I'll mention it to some of the others that I ride with.
Back to top Go down
luckyjack

luckyjack

Alliston Area Ride Empty
PostSubject: Help with directions.   Alliston Area Ride EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 6:43 pm

I live on Murphy Rd. west of Baxter around Scotch line. Any sugestions about the easiest way to the trail. The ditch is way to deep and wet along here . I have gone south on Scotch line to the trail but seems like a long way down just to come back up. Im new to the area and see and hear sleds around me all the time. Just wondered if anyone new a better way without annoying any land owners.Ive gone west to trail along the shoulder but east is a little busier through Baxter. Thanks for any tips.
Back to top Go down
kingpin006

kingpin006

Alliston Area Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliston Area Ride   Alliston Area Ride EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 9:12 am

luckyjack wrote:
I live on Murphy Rd. west of Baxter around Scotch line. Any sugestions about the easiest way to the trail. The ditch is way to deep and wet along here . I have gone south on Scotch line to the trail but seems like a long way down just to come back up. Im new to the area and see and hear sleds around me all the time. Just wondered if anyone new a better way without annoying any land owners.Ive gone west to trail along the shoulder but east is a little busier through Baxter. Thanks for any tips.
Yes you are in a bad spot, no real good way other then by road. I wish I had some better news for you.
I would suggest that you join us on Saturday because the people that would know are going to be attending the ride and can maybe give you some advice.
Back to top Go down
kingpin006

kingpin006

Alliston Area Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliston Area Ride   Alliston Area Ride EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 9:18 am

kingpin006 wrote:
I'm in.
Anyone coming from the east is welcome to meet at my place and we can all ride to the starting location together.
I live right on the trail west of Thornton on County Rd 56 at the Essa Township Yard. So there will be a bunch of us meeting at my place and riding over together. I would say meet at my place around 9:00am.
Also there is lots of parking at the Township yard on the corner of County Rd 21 & County Rd 56 if anyone wish's to trailer and then we can all ride over together. I know of at least a half dozen "Ride Connection" members that will be leaving from my place.
Also the Tim Horton's / Sunoco in Thornton on Innisfil Beach Rd is another good spot to park and the trail is right across the road.

Starting location will be at the Silver Brooke Golf Club at 10:00am.
Silverbrooke is located on trail 413 between Everett and Lisle.
www.silverbrooke.com
http://www.adsc.ca/prodimg/map2008.pdf
I've been thinking (yeh I know it hurts) it would be best if we just meet in Thornton at the Tim Horton's, it is easier for anyone coming from the east and those who will be trailering up can park and we can all ride together.

I am planning on being at the Tim Horton's in Thornton (corner of Innisfil Beach Rd and Hwy 27) 8:30am-ish with the departure time @ 9:00am.
Back to top Go down
dasilvr

dasilvr

Alliston Area Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliston Area Ride   Alliston Area Ride EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 7:54 pm

Kingpin
Sounds like a plan I will ride to Tim Horton in Thornton and meet up at 8:30.

Jackpot
Back to top Go down
Major_Malfunction

Major_Malfunction

Alliston Area Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliston Area Ride   Alliston Area Ride EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 3:05 am

Sounds like a plan

I will be coming in from the feeder trail in Stroud

Should be there around 8:30
Back to top Go down
luckyjack

luckyjack

Alliston Area Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliston Area Ride   Alliston Area Ride EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 8:15 am

"Yes you are in a bad spot, no real good way other then by road. "

Thanks Kingpin for reasuring my misery.lol . Would love to come Saturday but have to work. Been looking forward to doing a group ride since moving here but work alot of Saturdays. Maybe next time. I stumbled across Silver Brooke last winter and found it to be a great spot for break (very friendly). Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable day!

Last edited by luckyjack on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
Back to top Go down
Spiffy

Spiffy

Alliston Area Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliston Area Ride   Alliston Area Ride EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 8:51 pm

I would like to thank everybody for coming out today and hope everybody had a good ride. cheers cheers cheers
We had a incredible group of 24 riders and I thought the ride was fantastic. We kept up a good pace, unusual for a group of that size.
The morning got off a bit slow, going through some windblown fields, as we headed Northwest up through Honeywood and across to Dundalk.
Then we Sad hit the railbed for a ride from Dundalk to Markdale. As always the railbed was bumpy and not enough snow to cover the gravel. We stopped for lunch at the Klondyke Trail Groomers Clubhouse. Great job feeding and keeping us comfortable, with the small exception of the guys setting off the smoke alarm Very Happy
The second half of the trip proved to be much more scenic. From Markdale we set off for the lovely Kimberly in the heart of Beaver Valley. The snow was a bit thin in spots and we hit 1 water hole where everybody made it across safely. The scenery across there is beautiful. From there down to Feversham the trails were awesome. It's always a good trip on those trails. We made a stop to visit the Feversham Clubhouse and continued to Singhampton and back down to Glencairn and our home trails back to Silverbrook.
We made a stop for fuel @ Cashtown and after leaving we had a downed Doo. After a try at getting it going we went to tow it out and a 2nd Doo that filled up went down. After not meeting the reserve on the trailside auction we elected to have the Polaris tow them both to safety and have the support vehice come and retrieve them. Hopefully they are just frozen up and not seriously wounded.
We arrived back at our starting point at dusk making the length of the ride perfect. Thanks again to everybody for coming out. I will post some pictures..... Damn digital camera does not like the cold.. so I have very few that actually turned out.

For nice clubhouse to stop and eat at check out:
http://www.klondykesnowmobileclub.ca/
www.silverbrooke.com/

For information on our Club and to check the pictures find us @:
www.adsc.ca
Back to top Go down
Major_Malfunction

Major_Malfunction

Alliston Area Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliston Area Ride   Alliston Area Ride EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 4:13 am

[quote="Spiffy"]I would like to thank everybody for coming out today and hope everybody had a good ride. cheers cheers cheers
We had a incredible group of 24 riders and I thought the ride was fantastic. We kept up a good pace, unusual for a group of that size.
The morning got off a bit slow, going through some windblown fields, as we headed Northwest up through Honeywood and across to Dundalk.
Then we Sad hit the railbed for a ride from Dundalk to Markdale. As always the railbed was bumpy and not enough snow to cover the gravel. We stopped for lunch at the Klondyke Trail Groomers Clubhouse. Great job feeding and keeping us comfortable, with the small exception of the guys setting off the smoke alarm Very Happy
The second half of the trip proved to be much more scenic. From Markdale we set off for the lovely Kimberly in the heart of Beaver Valley. The snow was a bit thin in spots and we hit 1 water hole where everybody made it across safely. The scenery across there is beautiful. From there down to Feversham the trails were awesome. It's always a good trip on those trails. We made a stop to visit the Feversham Clubhouse and continued to Singhampton and back down to Glencairn and our home trails back to Silverbrook.
We made a stop for fuel @ Cashtown and after leaving we had a downed Doo. After a try at getting it going we went to tow it out and a 2nd Doo that filled up went down. After not meeting the reserve on the trailside auction we elected to have the Polaris tow them both to safety and have the support vehice come and retrieve them. Hopefully they are just frozen up and not seriously wounded.
We arrived back at our starting point at dusk making the length of the ride perfect. Thanks again to everybody for coming out. I will post some pictures..... Damn digital camera does not like the cold.. so I have very few that actually turned out.

For nice clubhouse to stop and eat at check out:
http://www.klondykesnowmobileclub.ca/
www.silverbrooke.com/

For information on our Club and to check the pictures find us @:
www.adsc.ca

Thanks To everyone for a great ride
It was good to finally get to meet some of you and put some faces to the names

Thanks go out to Kingpin for leading us from Tim Horton's to silverbrook and back again

Thanks go out to The Klondyke snowmobile club for the great food it was a excellent place to stop and eat and warm up

Hopefully we get the chance to do this again soon

As Bill and Ted would say "It was a most excellent adventure"

MM
Back to top Go down
sledjunk

sledjunk

Alliston Area Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliston Area Ride   Alliston Area Ride EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 5:02 pm

It was a great ride. Thanks to everyone who set it up and led the group. Could have done without the bath though Very Happy Smile
Back to top Go down
kingpin006

kingpin006

Alliston Area Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliston Area Ride   Alliston Area Ride EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 1:25 pm

I had a great time and was very glad that we got to hook up with the Alliston club they certainly gave us a good sampling of the trails around the area.
Thanks to Spiffy for setting it up and to Dave Thompson of ADSC for leading the ride.
Back to top Go down
YamahaDude

YamahaDude

Alliston Area Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliston Area Ride   Alliston Area Ride EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 3:00 pm

How are the trails from Tim Horton's to Silverbrook. Looking at doing some mobiling this Sunday. So I am a little late, but my nine year old was sick this past weekend.
Back to top Go down
kingpin006

kingpin006

Alliston Area Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliston Area Ride   Alliston Area Ride EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 3:16 pm

YamahaDude wrote:
How are the trails from Tim Horton's to Silverbrook. Looking at doing some mobiling this Sunday. So I am a little late, but my nine year old was sick this past weekend.
The trails leaving Tim Horton's in Thornton are good in all directions so you don't have to worry. The fields down south near Alliston have been a little lean but with this lastest snow we received should be good for this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alliston Area Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliston Area Ride   Alliston Area Ride Empty

Back to top Go down

Alliston Area Ride
Page 1 of 1