Ride Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ride Connection

Ride Connection – It’s the Ride Buddy Forum. Want to ride, but don’t have someone to go with? The Ride Connection is the place to hook up with others who also want to get out but haven’t got a ride buddy. Log on, post where and when, then GO SNOWMOBILING

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What is your riding style?

Go down 
+2
kingpin006
Fraz
6 posters

I ride 90-100% on the OFSC trails.
What is your riding style? Vote_lcap36%What is your riding style? Vote_rcap
 36% [ 10 ]
76% - 90% on the OFSC trails.
What is your riding style? Vote_lcap29%What is your riding style? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 8 ]
51 - 75% on the OFSC trails.
What is your riding style? Vote_lcap7%What is your riding style? Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
50 - 50% on the OFSC trails.
What is your riding style? Vote_lcap18%What is your riding style? Vote_rcap
 18% [ 5 ]
25 - 49% on the OFSC trails.
What is your riding style? Vote_lcap7%What is your riding style? Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
1 - 24% on the OFSC trails.
What is your riding style? Vote_lcap0%What is your riding style? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
0% on Groomed OFSC trails.
What is your riding style? Vote_lcap3%What is your riding style? Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 28

AuthorMessage
Fraz

Fraz

What is your riding style? Empty
PostSubject: What is your riding style?   What is your riding style? EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 7:56 am

Just wondering about everyones riding style.

I like to meet and ride with new folks.
Some times I find it hard to find middle aged riders with the same riding style as me.
Hoping this post will help folks of similar riding styles hook up.

90 - 100% on the OFSC trails.
I ride hard pack straight to the groomed trails and don't leave them.

76% - 90% on the OFSC trails.
I like to follow the OFSC trails and Boon Dock along the side of the trail were it's legal to doo so. This includes riding on Beaver ponds and hills next to the trail.

51 - 75% on the OFSC trails.
I like to ride groomed trails but enjoy riding some off trail on lakes, hydro corridors, flood plains, hills, etc.

50 - 50% on the OFSC trails.
I'll ride anywhere it's legal to doo so.

25 - 49% on the OFSC trails.
I use the groomed trail system but usually ride the hard pack and off trail areas.
This includes riding the groomed trails to get to the lake/camp/hard packed bush trails.

1 - 24% on the OFSC trails.
I have a pass as a convenience when I need it.
This includes using the groomed trails after dark to get back to base camp etc.

0% on Groomed OFSC trails.
I ride off OFSC Trails and don't need a permit.
This includes any non groomed hard pack, lakes, free style riding, boon dockin etc.

Some times I'm a 1 - 24%er but most times I'm a 50 - 50%er.

Mileage and destination are often secondary to me.

My perfect day is to ride steep N deep, break trail, explore hydro corridors, bush trails, lakes, flood plains, creek beds, Beaver ponds, etc. for half a tank then turning around filling up the tank and going in the opposite direction to doo the same.
When it starts to get dark I like to use the groomed trails to get safely back to base camp.

I doo enjoy riding groomed trails but find I have to ride at higher speeds than I ride off trail, to get my fix.
I used to ride scary fast on the groomed trails all the time but now hole shooting to 40 or 60mph gets me what I need.

I live in London Ontario but most of the OFSC trails I ride are in Northern Ontario due to low traffic conditions and Northern On. is where the most legal off trail is.

I find the high traffic OFSC trails of Southern and Central Ontario don't allow me ride safely at the speeds I like to go, so don't enjoy my ride as much.

Last edited by Fraz on Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kingpin006

kingpin006

PostSubject: Re: What is your riding style?   What is your riding style? EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 10:30 am

I like to get on the machine in the morning and jump on a groomed trail and ride all day, stop for fuel and the odd smoke grab some breakfast in the late morning at some greasey spoon and then just keep rolling until late that night. The more miles the better. Love to travel to new areas.
Definatly 90-100% on groomed trails.
Back to top Go down
Spiffy

Spiffy

PostSubject: Re: What is your riding style?   What is your riding style? EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 4:13 pm

Friends don't let friends ride trails!

Smooth trails are good for a day of riding, getting to see some new places, relaxing and losing thoughts of work, life and the neighbour's wife. (oops didn't mean to say that out loud)
But I love to ride off trail. There is nothing like the feeling of deep powder coming over the hood. Of squeezing the love flipper, having the engine flex its muscles and feeling the track digging in. The sheer pleasure of working your machine, balancing on it, bringing it through that bowl, up that hill, where spent, you savour the feeling of conquering the terrain. Unfortunately I live too far South to get much legal land to ride off trail on.
Back to top Go down
footer200

footer200

PostSubject: Re: What is your riding style?   What is your riding style? EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 9:57 pm

I ride 75% trails (a little aggresive) but love to get in the deep offtrail (where legal) some hill climbing and of course the lake race, one of the last places you can go any speed with no limits. I enjoy a good 200-300 km. ride stopping for a good lunch and back to the cottage for a steak dinner.What is your riding style? Attak_16
Back to top Go down
cainsguest

cainsguest

PostSubject: Re: What is your riding style?   What is your riding style? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 9:32 am

I have enjoyed groomed trails for years because of the hard work from clubs and for that I thank them. I now need to be challenged by varying terrain and snow depths/texture as well as navigation and routing. Speed is a receipe for disaster but very addicting. Legal off-piste riding is much more satisfying for me at this point.
Back to top Go down
skimask

PostSubject: Re: What is your riding style?   What is your riding style? EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 10:18 am

I live in London, and ride out of hensall
i will ride anywhere and fast if need be, but not too fast 60 mph on the trails is pretty fast. i see some young guys doing an avereage of 70-80 over hard bumps etc. too wild for me. i need to work to pay bills. I ride a 09 GTx which gives me the option of performance or touring. I use to ride pretty hard when I was younger, but feel i can still keep up or slow down for most people. I will ride anywhere as long as I don't drop into a lake!!!!
I would like to go on a 2-3 day trip sometime. I am flexable, and see some new places.
Skimask Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your riding style?   What is your riding style? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1