Ride Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ride Connection

Ride Connection – It’s the Ride Buddy Forum. Want to ride, but don’t have someone to go with? The Ride Connection is the place to hook up with others who also want to get out but haven’t got a ride buddy. Log on, post where and when, then GO SNOWMOBILING

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Introduce Yourself

Go down 
+56
snowdog
SledChief
ziggyzag
Brett
quebecmountainrider
northernsledr
Parisite
WarriorRider
Huv
perrysbirds
skidoonorth
kenogami
yamahooked
polarisbitch
bassman
Mattie
t-rav74
hyperviper
Slowe
YamahaMatt
skidooer
Fraz
metaxa
Dan Pegelo
bill
kazdan
ValleyRider69
ADAMH
luvmycat
Turps
dooman
onehappycat
luckyjack
Adventuring
X DOO
Major_Malfunction
Snow Mule
SledHead
tonka
Rev500ss
BarrySmith
KAHNSOIL
RJH
sledjunk
snown
flyboy
sledneckmxz
Spiffy
canadoo
bikernut
yukon cornelious
Faceman
MXDOOER
Squiffer
videocam
kingpin006
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tonka

Introduce Yourself - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 4:34 pm

I will give you that one snow cow sorry snowmule the only thing on my sled that was any good was the carb boots.
Back to top Go down
X DOO

X DOO

PostSubject: THE BEST SPORT ON THE SNOW   Introduce Yourself - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 9:08 pm

Hello my name is Scott. I live in Windsor,but in the midst of moving back north to Sturgeon Falls. Like on and off trail riding. I'm free to ride just about anytime of the week.

I drive a 150 4x4 along with a 12' double enclosed trailer and don't mind using it. I ride a 05 rev 600 sdi x gade. My better half loves to ride to. Hope to meet some people in and around there. Stay safe but ride it like you stole it,just not mine.lol cheers
Back to top Go down
Adventuring

Adventuring

PostSubject: Looking to enjoy the snow...   Introduce Yourself - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 9:42 am

Hi, my name is John. I have a cottage in the Midland/Penetang area and I try to get up there as much as possible to enjoy life away from the city.

I am riding a 1994 Polaris Indy Trail, which I'm hoping to get out on a lot this season.

Here's hoping for plenty of snow again this year for all of us to enjoy>
Back to top Go down
luckyjack

luckyjack

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 29, 2008 4:51 pm

Just got involved in sleding last year. Couldnt wait for this year. And now I have dicoverd this really cool forum. Once the trails are open my wife and I hoping to meet up with other riders in the Alliston/Angus area. Our 2008 Polaris 550 touring is ready to go. Also bought a 89 Indy 400 for fun, havnt had it out yet. Boys ride a Polaris 120 and hoping to give them some experience on the 400. Let it snow!
Back to top Go down
onehappycat

onehappycat

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 6:28 pm

I have been riding again regularly since 2000. I own an 01 cat I bought a couple of years ago. It replaced my old venture. Twisted Evil That old girl dragged my wife and I all around the country side. Now its on the back of a cat, and we are looking for another great year. bounce
Back to top Go down
dooman

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 7:20 am

Hey there my name is jason i live in hanover going to be a daddy for the first time this year in jan i hope to get out alot but we will see i always like meeting new people and love riding anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Turps

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 6:12 pm

The names Dave, from Guelph Ontario. I just bought an 01 Arctic Cat ZRT 800. I use to ride a formula 500 but have not been sledding the last 4 years. I am back
Back to top Go down
luvmycat

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 12:03 pm

Hello all, my name is Diana we are located in the Shelburne area (actually Hornings Mills) My husband and I bought sleds last year and went riding as often as we could, looking forward to doing it again this year. So if anyone is out and about this area, wouldn;t mind going for a cruise if we are available. Watch for the cat's along our ride quite often we stop at the Petes Donuts in Shelburne or the restaurant/gas station in Dundalk.
Back to top Go down
ADAMH

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 12:21 pm

My name is Adam I got my first sled last season put 600km on it, in 1 month. Its a 1999 skidoo grandtouring 800.

I live just north of Alliston, and am always looking for people to ride with since I am new to the sport. I am very close to the trail. I am still a newbie skill wise

Adam
Back to top Go down
kingpin006

kingpin006

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 1:47 pm

ADAMH wrote:
My name is Adam I got my first sled last season put 600km on it, in 1 month. Its a 1999 skidoo grandtouring 800.

I live just north of Alliston, and am always looking for people to ride with since I am new to the sport. I am very close to the trail. I am still a newbie skill wise

Adam
Hi Adam, if your looking to meet some local riders tonight would be a good start. Alliston snowmobile club is having their monthly meeting tonight. It is held at Silver Brooke golf club just north of Everett @ 8:00pm.
Back to top Go down
ValleyRider69

PostSubject: New?   Introduce Yourself - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 8:10 pm

Hey, not new to sledding, but back on the scene after long Hiatus. Rented sled in Crowsnest B.C. Last year now I'm hoooked again.

Just picked up a 2005 rev 800 ad H.O.

Anyone in district #1 / ottawa valley?
Back to top Go down
kazdan

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 1:37 pm

Hello, My name is Don and I live in Oshawa I also have a cottage on Cameron Lake. I do most of my sledding in the Ganny and Port Perry or the Fenelon Falls area when at the cottage. I bought an 2007 Yamaha Apex last year and I am looking forward to hooking up with other sledders in the area. This website is an awesome idea and I will pass this along to others.
Back to top Go down
bill

bill

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 8:16 pm

My name is Bill Chesney, I live in Whitby On. I do most of my snowmobiling out of Port Perry area. Always looking for fellow sledders to ride with. cheers
Back to top Go down
Dan Pegelo

Dan Pegelo

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 7:44 am

Hello

My name is Dan Pegelo. I live in Barrie but I ride out of Wasaga. I have snowmobiled for about 20 years. I use to volunteer for the Blue Mountain Snow Drifters when I lived in Creemore. I currently ride a 2003 RX-1. I just got it last year and I can not believe the power and the fuel. I am looking for people to ride with this year I seem to be the only person left in my group that is still in the area with a sled. I have every other Friday off work so if anyone does not work on Fridays and wants to ride let me know. I do not have to ride in Wasaga.I will trailer to other places. It is always nice to see new areas and meet new people.
Back to top Go down
metaxa

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 10:52 pm

Hi! My name is Ian. I started renting sleds and going for a ride with my buddy back in 66,67. Did some riding in the Military as a winter warfare instructor. Haven't ridden since 76-77. Just took up the sport last year as something to do with the wife in the winter, so we are both Newbies. Don't ride as fast as the other guys, but I still get there Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Fraz

Fraz

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 7:08 am

My name is Fraser but everyone just calls me Fraz.

I live in London but spend a most of my time riding near the French River/Lake Nipissing and Cochrane.

I've been riding for over 20 years and my current sled is an 06 SDI Renegade with some off trail mods. to the track and clutches. It has a stock motor and exhaust.

I'm an active member of the French River Snow Devils in Alban and the Science Hill Drifters in St.Marys.

I would rather ride a 100 miles/day off the groomed trails than 200 miles/day on them.
I average 4000 - 5000km. a season and at least 50% of that is off trail.
I only ride off trail were it's legal to doo so such as old bush roads, hydro corridors and lakes.

I'm not a fast rider (40-50mph) but when the riding gets technical my years of off trail experience shines.
Breaking trail, carving the powder, and side hilling are my favorite ways to spend the day.

I'm always looking for folks to ride with as most of my riding buddies don't have as much time off in the winter as I doo.
Back to top Go down
skidooer

skidooer

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 12:17 pm

Hi my name is Steve McLeod and I ride in district 8. I just purchased a 2002 GT500 and I love it. This is my first year back on a sled in quite a number of years after a fairly serious snowmobile wreck as a kid (makes my gf feel comfy knowing that I was in a bad wreck lol! ) and I cant wait for more snow to get out and continue the fun I was having up until this dang early spring like thaw this past weekend December 27/28. Usually I ride with my girlfriend Amy as it gives us a chance to get away from everyone and have some time just to ourselves. We both enjoy sledding and look forward to seeing all our new friends on the trails. cyclops
Back to top Go down
YamahaMatt

PostSubject: Hey Everyone   Introduce Yourself - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 2:35 pm

My name I Matt Booth. I live in Hamilton, Originally from Sault Ste Marie. Had a 1981 Blizzard when I was a kid but it eventually died. I now have a 1998 Yamaha Vmax 700 triple XTC. Low Km's and runs great. Not sure of 2 many places to ride yet but hope to join a lot of rides this winter from this site.
Back to top Go down
Slowe

PostSubject: Eastern Ontario   Introduce Yourself - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 10:17 am

Hi,

I'm Steve Lowe. I've been riding ever since I drove my dads 1967 Ski-Doo 10.5 into a fence. I try not to run into fences anymore and look forward to winter more every year.

I'm originally from Hawk Junction and the Sault Ste. Marie area. I now live in Ottawa but try to get to that area again at least once a winter. My favourite route is from Sault Ste. Marie to Hearst and back. I am also familiar with many off trail routes in the area.

I connect with the district one trails from my driveway and have learned to appreciate the trails here. Although I prefer lake and woods riding Eastern Ontario has better trails than most people think and the traffic is light.

My pace is fairly brisk but not crazy. I don't usually have people catch up to me and I sometimes catch up to others. Being safe and courteous to other riders is very important to me. When the snow comes again I will be looking to hook up with people for rides in this area or up north. The last two years I have put over 2,500km on my 2003 Legend 700 mostly by myself. I work from home and have a flexible schedule. I just downgraded my double trailer to a single and can hook up where ever.

If things go better in 2009 I hope to order a new Renegade 800 in the spring.

I hope that others from the Ottawa area learn about this site. It's great!

See you on the trails....
Back to top Go down
hyperviper

PostSubject: hyperviper riding associates   Introduce Yourself - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 1:42 pm

Hi! I'm Richard and I've been an avid sledder for over 25 yrs. I ride a 2005 Yamaha Vipor and love it! It has a heel clicker clutch and factory suspension. I like to ride hard but not dangerous and one of my goals is to ride the distance race in Labrador (Cains Quest). I'm a general contractor so I have very flexible hrs. and rides during the week are good. I'm in Oakville but have no trouble meeting anywhere for a good ride! I like to get out at least once a week and I kept a second sled for freinds and family but thats just a hassle. Need some serious rides let me know whoever is interested
Back to top Go down
t-rav74

t-rav74

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 5:56 pm

Hello all! My name is Travis Sheridan and I'm from Hawkestone, just north of Barrie. I have a 600 HO fusion with some superficial add-ons but stock otherwise. My wife Melissa has a Z440 arctic cat. We are both avid sledders and know and enjoy the trails around here (north of Barrie) and around Burks Falls/Sundridge equally. The family cottage is there and we get out with her family (yammy riders) usually in the beginning of the season and the end of it. We just got back from a week after the rains and although it was hard on the sleds (almost as much mud on the frozen cowls as snow) it felt great to get on the trails again. We'll be looking for other couples to ride with and I get a couple of "guys" weekends a winter where I'll go out with the guys and ride a little bit harder. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mattie

PostSubject: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 7:46 pm

Hello fellow Sledheads!
Experienced "real" snow for the 1st time in my life soon after they let me off the boat in 1996.....
My ex boss, and now one of my best friends, first introduced me to sleddin' in 1998. Guess I'm the junior around here.......
My dear wife & I live in Norwood (just East of Peterborough) and she regularly lets me loose to go sleddin' and do stupid things with my buddies..........
I am fortunate to own a bigger sled but don't need to show off (any more) so playing tail-end Charlie and arriving last (but safe) is just fine with me.
I view myself lucky to be a member of 2 established riding groups - we mostly do multi-day trips together which is always a blast!
However, I would like to join other groups/team up with individual buddies also, to share in a common passion.....
I am prepared to trailer my sled to districts 1, 2, 6 & 7 for day trips/overnighters/longer trips.
Hoping to team up with a group that does annual rides in Quebec - went on a week trip a couple of years ago and thoroughly enjoyed the experience and the people up there!
PS: I may just be able to get away from work during the week should a great ride opportunity come my way.........
Mattie rendeer

Last edited by Mattie on Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:49 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
bassman

bassman

PostSubject: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 10:16 am

Well hi fellas and fellerettes sledheads.
I started snowmobiling in 72 with a 69 yellow bomb.
Then moved on to a 75 Moto ski Nuvik.
From there we got a little more power to a 1980 Moto ski Futura 444.
Then we tried a 1986 Yamaha XLV 540 two up.
an 1990 Polaris Indy Trail Delexe.
A 2003 Polaris Indy Edge XC/SP.
Now I ride a 2005 Ski doo GSX 600 SDI 1+1. Still own an 89 Safari and an 83 Bravo for beating around the cottage.

Spent 21+ years in the military, retired in 2004, now work for the public service, few more years and I garantee I will be out there on the trails alot more.

Plan to guide once I retire from the public service.

Dream job, work for a snowmobile magazine!!! Go figure...

I live in Rockland but ride almost exclusively on the Quebec side from Thurso to the Mont-Tremblant to the Mont-Laurier and Maniwaki area. There's always snow up there! it starts early Dec and ends from mid to late March. Last year I parked the sleds in late April....wow

I have introduced many new riders to the sport, from Australians to French people from France, organised many trips to Val D'or/Lac Saint Jean/Tremblant.

My wife goes south and I go north!!!
Married, 3 kids. 25, 18 and 16.

Love it, love to be out there and have fun with friends and meet new people.

Keep the skis on the snow!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.motoneiges.ca/actions/showMiniSiteDocument?id=Bassman
polarisbitch

PostSubject: introduce yourself   Introduce Yourself - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 4:17 pm

I am an enthusiastic female riding since I was a teenager. First sled 1970 Nordic and I have graduated to a 2009 600IQ Shift Polaris! I ride whenever/wherever I can and am on the board for FEB Snowmobile Club out of Fergus as Treasurer & permit co-ordinator. Keep doing the snowdance it is working so far!
Back to top Go down
yamahooked

yamahooked

PostSubject: introduce yourself   Introduce Yourself - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 8:02 am

Hi, my name is Paul, I only started sledding Dec 07, I picked up an old VMAX,logged 2500km on it and sold it in April for what I paid for it.In 08/09 I had a 03 Venture which was very comfortable but I did miss the handleing of the old short track. I do have a single trailer which I haven't used yet since I live close to the trails in Osgoode about a half hour south of Ottawa in district #1. I do have regular ride buddies but find myself alone often during the week, I am getting braver and I am going solo further away from home, I'm hopeing to meet more sled fanatics along the way.CHEERS,Newer sled for 09/2010, 4 stroke Venture, I'm looking forward to lots of snow.

Last edited by yamahooked on Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ride Connection :: Find a Ride :: Find a Ride-
Jump to: