Ride Connection

Ride Connection – It’s the Ride Buddy Forum. Want to ride, but don’t have someone to go with? The Ride Connection is the place to hook up with others who also want to get out but haven’t got a ride buddy. Log on, post where and when, then GO SNOWMOBILING

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Introduce Yourself

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kingpin006

PostSubject: Introduce Yourself   Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:38 am

I thought it would be a good idea if everyone said hi when they join up.

My name is Glenn Healey and have been an avid snowmobiler since I was 10 years old. I currently live in Utopia,Ontario which is just outside of Barrie. I am from the Peterborough,Ontario area and was involve in organized snowmobiling in that area. We had a cottage on Chandos Lake in Apsley and I was fortunate enough to be the President of the Paudash TrailBlazers Snowmobile Club.
I am currently doing some volunteer work with the Alliston and District Snowmobile Club.
I am also involved in the Canadian Motorcycle Cruisers Riding Club as the 1st Officer of the Barrie Chapter.

Last edited by kingpin006 on Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
videocam

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:04 pm

Hi I have been snowmobiling for the about 15 years. Since it started I have been working on Snowmobiler Television, and while everyone may think that I do nothing but ride all the time, the fact is we have very little free ride time. Most times when I am riding there is a back pack full of gear with me. I love nothing better then to capture on camera, other people having a great ride. See you on the trails.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Squiffer

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:03 pm

Squiffer

Also a fello CMC'r when weather permits. Been sledding also since I was 10. First machine was a 1974 TNT 292 single. Owned many sleds from Skiroule, Yamaha, Masey Ferguson, Ski Whiz, Ski-doo, Sno Cruzer.

Love my current Formula III 600 triple/triple.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MXDOOER

PostSubject: Saying Hello!   Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:54 am

Hi everyone, my name is Dave Garland and I live in Everett which is just outside of Alliston, Ont.
I have been riding since I was a wee fellow with my family, but just got back into it within the last ten years or so.
My wife and two girls enjoy sledding as well, we like to call it a family sport.
Anyway, if the the snow is on the ground we are ready to go.
SEE YA ON THE TRAILS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faceman

PostSubject: Hi   Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:21 pm

Ladies and gentlemen,boyz and girlz I am the Faceman cheers cheers cheers cheers . Live in Owen Sound and sled wherever, normally with the better half (Mother Nature) farao farao farao We both look forward to meeting other "sledheads" and pounding on some miles. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yukon cornelious

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:32 pm

Hi Sledheads,

Yukon here reporting from district 7. I'm a member of the Baxter Snowriders and Promotional Director for the Prostate Extreme Team ( We hold charity snowmobile /ATV rides for Prostate Cancer research) . I ride out of Honey Harbour on the shores of Georgian Bay.

Hope to meet some of you out on the trails.
Yukon
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.prostateextreamteam.com
bikernut

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:16 am

G'day all
My name is Mike Anderson, out of Corner Brook, NL I am a director with the Western sno-riders and love getting out for a spin on our wonderful groomed trail network! Check out our website and message forum!

http://www.westernsnoriders.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
canadoo

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:59 am

hey, what a great forum! I've been active on other sled forums and this is just a great idea!

I love the STV show and am always looking to get out for a good ride with good people!

I'm 28, and ride a mild custom 04 rev 800 out of Haliburton mainly and live in Toronto.

we should do a ride out of Haliburton!!!!!! I'd be happy to help set something up!

the trails are great this year and with more snow coming it should be an excellent season
jocolor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiffy

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:34 pm

Hello to everyone cheers

The Alliston (www.adsc.ca) trails are home for me. I volunteer with the club as much as I can, currently I am the club secretary. I can be seen on those trails on my Switchback all the time. Wave if you see me going by.
I am always up for a good ride, especially those long distance ones. I really like going to other districts and meeting other volunteers at their clubhouses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sledneckmxz

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:21 pm

Hi, my names Jordan Healey, and I live in Utopia. I have been riding right since I was able to get my snowmobile licence, which makes that 6 awesome riding seasons ago. Ive owned 3 sleds so far. First was a 1982 yamaha excell III 340, then a 1993 Formula Plus 580, and for the past 3 seasons I've had a 2002 MXZ 600 which as of last season won the Royal Treament and now looks as well as rides amazingly. I love snowmobiling and I think this site is a great idea. I'm hoping that I can meet a few more people to ride with this season and if anyone needs someone to ride with this winter, just give me a shout.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flyboy

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:39 am

Hi.My name is Kim Murphy.I am from Alliston Ont..I did a lot ao sledding as a teen but stopped for 20 years.Picked it and biking up again 4 years ago and like many others can't get enough of it .I know Glenn H from CMC and think this idea will work great.
We sled in the area since the trail goes through our farm.As well we like to dosome runs up north.Always looking for like minded sledders.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snown

PostSubject: introduce yourself   Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:04 pm

leHello everyone

My name is Shawn , I'm 41 & have been sleding for that long as well.I ride mainly in the district 9 area of Gonestoga lake, sometimes I can get out during the week , the odd Saturday but mainly Sunday's. I sometimes am able to go on a long weekend tour,Haliburton sounds great how about February ? santa[quote] let it snow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snown

PostSubject: introduce yourself   Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:04 pm

leHello everyone

My name is Shawn , I'm 41 & have been sleding for that long as well.I ride mainly in the district 9 area of Gonestoga lake, sometimes I can get out during the week , the odd Saturday but mainly Sunday's. I sometimes am able to go on a long weekend tour,Haliburton sounds great how about February ? santa[quote] let it snow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sledjunk

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:57 pm

Hello all. My name is Dave and I usually ride from the garage in Pefferlaw. I am a member of the Heart of Ontario and Port Perry clubs. As well, I am a registered Trail Patrol member for the Heart of Ontario SC.

I also do a number of trailer based rides to wherever there is snow. Some of the members on here may recognize my name from the OntarioConditions.com forum.

I am hoping to get in a couple of week trips somewhere north this year but I don't have any firm plans or riding groups decided yet.

I haven't tried any 'saddle bag' type trips yet but expect to cut my teeth on a couple of those this winter as well.

Hope to meet some of you for a ride.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RJH

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:38 am

I usually ride myself as I don’t like to stop and I don’t just putt along. No, I’m not a wacko on the trail.

However – I’m 60 and my wife is getting a little nervous and highly recommends I travel with someone – huh…ya – well maybe.

I raced factory oval sleds back in the mid 70’s and did well – but went on an engine sabbatical for about 2 + decades – so I’m making up lost time. We came back in 99/00 and did a little snocross but the sled was not competitive. Trail riding since then. What – vintage snocross - I’m ready…

We are moving to Muskoka (I thought for 08 … damm..) near Port Carling – so I guess I will still have to lug the sled from down here in the banana belt (OMG….they play golf all winter here) to first snow. Rolling Eyes

I like the uniqueness of all sled brands.

Bob Hogg
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brandylake.com
KAHNSOIL

PostSubject: Hello Everyone   Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:46 pm

Just wanted to say hello from Leduc, Alberta. I have been snowmobiling for about 12yrs. Just got serious about it in 05. Went to Valemount, BC. I was hooked in by the mountain riding. Bought an 05 M7Ltd. I have been thinking about upgrading to the new M1000. More power.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrySmith

PostSubject: Perth County here (just outside Stratford)   Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:24 pm

Hello. My name is Barry Smith and I am now a 'sled head' and so is my wife. I first started riding at 6 mths old and have been hooked ever since. When I was living in the city and working all the time - never had much time for a sled. It all changed last December 9,2007 when I puchased my first sled. I now live in the county (the sled trail is 700 meters) from my front door and I live on the trails all winter. Anybody from the area or coming to the area looking a fellow rider, let me know. I have been trying to help put my local club - but can't get any responce from them. It is kind of a let down - what a great sport (hobby) and the clubs are always looking for help and when you try to help - nobody returns your phone calls or emails! Keep sleddin' and like I said if in Distrcit 5 near Stratford give me a call.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiffy

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:56 pm

We have a good trip planned for Feb...No destination planned yet, No date planned yet..Second thought maybe we dont have a trip planned but we have a trip..Look closer to that date and see what we have in store. Its sure to be exciting!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rev500ss

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:44 pm

Hello everyone, I am Paul, a member of the Holland Landing Snowmobile Club.
I am 31 years old and have been riding for about 15 years. I currently ride a skidoo Rev500ss. I am a trail patrol for holland landing, volunteer my time to set up the trail, help with club events and I also groom when I have free time.
I live in Ajax, ride out of Holland Landing, Port Perry, and Barrie alot. I also have access to my cottage in Minden which I have also done a fair bit of riding out of.
I have a 2 bed covered trailer, and am always looking for people to ride with.

On Nov 15, 2008 my club is having a SLED PREP DAY everyone is welcome.
We open our club house to prepare our sleds for the comming winter.
Bring your sled to work on , or just come out and meet our members, talk sleds and just have a good time. 2008-2009 Trail Permits will be available.

For more info and to locate the club house visit HLSC.on.ca
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hlsc.on.ca
tonka

PostSubject: New to sleding   Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:33 pm

I am new to the world of sleding, can't wait for the white gold i never though that word would come out of my mouth Twisted Evil . I ride mxz 700 it is my first sled very excited, live in barrie. This year will be a great year for snow Very Happy Very Happy keep fingers crossed there i go again things i though i would never say cheers . Hopefully this site will get me connected to some locale riders, by for now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SledHead

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:07 am

Hello to all fellow sledheads - Its great to have such an awesome site where people can chat and go riding with others, i have been riding since i was about 6, i am now 32 - married (my wife loves the sport), but i dont really have anybody to go riding with, i usually ride in the woodstock, Burford, Norwich area - Sometimes i do get together with others and ride the Sandlake area, Burks Falls, Huntsville, Dorset, - I had a great ride last winter from Fenelon Falls to Haliburton - That was awesome !!

But i am looking for others to ride with - I have a truck and enclosed trailer a 2002 MXZ 700 HERITAGE EDITION and not afraid to use them ! Very Happy So lets go RIDING !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rev500ss

PostSubject: Sled Prep Day   Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:34 am

Today is the day for the Holland Landing Sled prep day.

I am leaving right now, all are welcome, bring your sled to work on or just come and and chat with fellow sled heads.

hlsc.on.ca for directions to the club

Rev500ss
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hlsc.on.ca
Snow Mule

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:57 pm

This year I am reborn to the snow. The last machine I owned was a 79 9500 Blizzard plus which I had out of the box in my late teens. When I went into the military it was the first thing to go. That was almost 30 yrs ago. Why am I getting back into it ? Good question. I think I have to prove to myself I still have it in me. My better half has decided to join in. This will be her first season ever and she is really looking forward to it. I have also been getting some motivation from one of the ugliest snowmobilers I have ever saw on a beat up 2000 mxz lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kingpin006

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:49 am

Snow Mule wrote:
This year I am reborn to the snow. The last machine I owned was a 79 9500 Blizzard plus which I had out of the box in my late teens. When I went into the military it was the first thing to go. That was almost 30 yrs ago. Why am I getting back into it ? Good question. I think I have to prove to myself I still have it in me. My better half has decided to join in. This will be her first season ever and she is really looking forward to it. I have also been getting some motivation from one of the ugliest snowmobilers I have ever saw on a beat up 2000 mxz lol!
I'm pretty sure I know who that ugly guy on the 2000 mxz is seeing as his sled is in a million pieces in my garage. He is learning about snowmobiles the hard way, at least he will know every little nook and cranny about his sled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Major_Malfunction

PostSubject: Please allow me to introduce myself   Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:14 pm

Good day everyone
Names Dean aka Major_Malfunction

I am located in the South end of Barrie and ride right from the house (B103) is only a 1KM ditch bang
Always looking for someone local to ride with
I usually do after dinner runs during the week to the Tims on hwy 89 in Aliston or Sat or Sun trips to who knows where

and throw in the odd .. it snowed last night so lets take the day off work and hit the trails before the weekend warriors LOL

I ride a 02 Grand touring Se aka big comfy couch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next