Ride Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ride Connection

Ride Connection – It’s the Ride Buddy Forum. Want to ride, but don’t have someone to go with? The Ride Connection is the place to hook up with others who also want to get out but haven’t got a ride buddy. Log on, post where and when, then GO SNOWMOBILING

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GPS Sled Maps now Available!!

Go down 
+4
cehyoopers
Jfly
merlotglen
skimask
8 posters
AuthorMessage
skimask

GPS Sled Maps now Available!! Empty
PostSubject: GPS Sled Maps now Available!!   GPS Sled Maps now Available!! EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 10:01 am

The new Ontario GPS sled maps are out now at http://www.gpssledmaps.com/ all districts, and don't need mapsource to use.
Skimask Suspect

Last edited by skimask on Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:02 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : website post)
Back to top Go down
merlotglen

PostSubject: Re: GPS Sled Maps now Available!!   GPS Sled Maps now Available!! EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 9:57 am

Thanks for the information. I downloaded them onto my Garmin 260W and they are all there. Just beware that there are two sets of instructions when you get to step 6. For some GPS models you skip to step 8, for others you don't. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Jfly

Jfly

PostSubject: Re: GPS Sled Maps now Available!!   GPS Sled Maps now Available!! EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 12:00 pm

Just uploaded my Garmin 330 Street pilot (needed extra memory card ) and my Garmin 750.
Looks great but the best trails in the area (Mactier, Woods Bay) are not included.

Anybody know how to get them included?
Back to top Go down
skimask

PostSubject: gps trails   GPS Sled Maps now Available!! EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 10:43 pm

maybe you can go to the sledmap site and post the trails you are looking to add. I have seen this done if requeted
Skimask Suspect
Back to top Go down
Jfly

Jfly

PostSubject: Re: GPS Sled Maps now Available!!   GPS Sled Maps now Available!! EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 7:51 am

Tried them out this weekend, the trails look great on the 750, tons of detail, ya just can't get lost!
I am trying to figure out this upload thing, it will be a while.
Back to top Go down
cehyoopers

PostSubject: size matters   GPS Sled Maps now Available!! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 5:40 pm

how big is the ont map file(s)
thanks
Back to top Go down
chris

PostSubject: GPS recommendation   GPS Sled Maps now Available!! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 5:55 pm

can anyone recommend an affordable GPS model that can be mounted (don't really want a hand held) that can accept these maps ??
I heard the Garmin 276c is great, but that model has been discontinued.
Back to top Go down
unclearpine

PostSubject: Re: GPS Sled Maps now Available!!   GPS Sled Maps now Available!! EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 8:03 am

I have a Magellan triden 1500 ,does any one know if I can load the map into it .I have found that some maps work .I don't want to pay for it if it doesn't work,I am new at this Gps stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sledder245

PostSubject: GPS Sled Mapps now Available!!   GPS Sled Maps now Available!! EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 6:00 pm

I just downloaded the maps to my Garmin Nuvi 265W after a few tries. All the maps are there so far. Haven't tried the unit yet but will this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Jfly

Jfly

PostSubject: Re: GPS Sled Maps now Available!!   GPS Sled Maps now Available!! EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 9:03 pm

The Garmin Nuvis are coming way down, especially last year's edition. ($150). My 750 will record tracks.

The map is the same in most models, you pay extra for features that you won't need on the sled.

The mounts for handle bars are available at most Bass Outdoor Stores.
Back to top Go down
chris

PostSubject: Garmin Nuvis   GPS Sled Maps now Available!! EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 8:03 am

Garmin Nuvis not recommended to snowmobile mount (ie. not waterproof). What has your experience been?
Back to top Go down
Sledder245

PostSubject: GPS Sled Maps now Available   GPS Sled Maps now Available!! EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 8:50 pm

Just tried to use my Nuvi 265 with the sled maps. The main trails are shown including the feeder trail system but NO local trails. Still need the local trail maps for the area you are sledding in. The GPS maps would be more useful with local club trails mapped. Disappointed outcome.
Back to top Go down
ImMaxx

PostSubject: Re: GPS Sled Maps now Available!!   GPS Sled Maps now Available!! EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 2:15 am

I have downloaded them to my zumo 660 and I am not seeing the Hillsburgh trails anyone else having this issue?

Last edited by ImMaxx on Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GPS Sled Maps now Available!!   GPS Sled Maps now Available!! Empty

Back to top Go down

GPS Sled Maps now Available!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ride Connection :: Ontario :: Ontario-
Jump to: