Ride Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ride Connection

Ride Connection – It’s the Ride Buddy Forum. Want to ride, but don’t have someone to go with? The Ride Connection is the place to hook up with others who also want to get out but haven’t got a ride buddy. Log on, post where and when, then GO SNOWMOBILING

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Info please Nobel to French River?

Go down 
+2
kingpin006
Dan Pegelo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dan Pegelo

Dan Pegelo

Info please Nobel to French River? Empty
PostSubject: Info please Nobel to French River?   Info please Nobel to French River? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 6:49 am

Hello everyone

I go on a trip every year to Nobel for a couple days. The guys there are thinking of a ride up to the French River and back. Has anyone done this and know how far it is? Also does anyone know how the trail is to the French from Nobel? I read that there were or are logging opperations this year in that area. Any info would be great.

Thanks
Dan
Back to top Go down
kingpin006

kingpin006

PostSubject: Re: Info please Nobel to French River?   Info please Nobel to French River? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 8:15 am

When are you planning on going? I have a group of guy's heading up that way next Friday. I found a cottage to stay at in Nobel and plan to do some riding around the area. So I won't have any info for you until then.
Back to top Go down
Dan Pegelo

Dan Pegelo

PostSubject: Re: Info please Nobel to French River?   Info please Nobel to French River? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 11:46 am

We do not go until the end of the month. I go to a freinds hunt camp as a guest. It is father son trip that we have done for over 10 years. If you don't mind letting me know after you get back that would be great.

While your up there each year we do a figure eight from Nobel to Ardbeg over Lake Whawashkesh it is a must do trip if you have not been up there. On the trail just west of Wahwashkesh there is a place where you can have a fire at the bridge over the Magnetawan river. This is a must see.

Thanks for the reply
Dan
Back to top Go down
t-rav74

t-rav74

PostSubject: Re: Info please Nobel to French River?   Info please Nobel to French River? EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 1:19 pm

Hey Dan,

I just got back from a trip with the wife. We started in Sundridge went up to South River and then across the 105 and stopped for lunch at Jake's Place in Port Loring. We continued on until the 105 ended at the C trail just south of the French. We went down to Britt (my dad's place) from there and spent the night. Keep in mind it sprinkled almost all day on Saturday but between Dollars lake (very slushy) and the C trail it wasn't brushed out. When we got to the C trail until Pointe Au Baril it was very rough. ESPECIALLY NORTH OF BRITT. There was obvious places where they couldn't get the groomer into but the hadn't even dragged across it so the whoops were close to 6 - 8 ft high. Broke the rear shock on my wifes older sled. Only a couple of places were like this but the difference was extremely noticeable after we got to the Carling Trailblazers area on the C trail. Between Pointe Au Baril and the 104 were THE BEST TRAILS I'VE EVER BEEN ON. The difference was incredible. The trails were wider and so flat you could have almost pinned it and sailed that way for the entire day. After we got on the 104 I had half a mind to turn around and do the C again. The rest of the trails through to Ardbeg and beyond were a little more rough but more from the weekend of travel then lack of a groomer. So to answer your question Nobel to Britt will be great after that it's ROUGH.
Happy Trails,
Travis
Back to top Go down
Dan Pegelo

Dan Pegelo

PostSubject: Re: Info please Nobel to French River?   Info please Nobel to French River? EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 8:12 am

Thanks for the update.
It is still 2 weeks before take off so I hope it will improve although with this weeks weather I don't think that will happen. Time will tell.
Sorry about the shock.

Dan
Back to top Go down
kingpin006

kingpin006

PostSubject: Re: Info please Nobel to French River?   Info please Nobel to French River? EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 8:26 am

Unfortunately we have had to cancel our trip for this weekend so I won't be able to give you any feedback. Wow this weather really sucks.
Back to top Go down
Dan Pegelo

Dan Pegelo

PostSubject: Re: Info please Nobel to French River?   Info please Nobel to French River? EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 5:26 am

Thanks anyway Glenn

Sorry that you had to cancel. I hope things turn around or we will have to do the same.

Dan
Back to top Go down
Fraz

Fraz

PostSubject: Re: Info please Nobel to French River?   Info please Nobel to French River? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 1:28 pm

I was on a charity ride last Sat. and 23 of us rode from Pointe Au Baril to the bridges and back.
It was just over 100km to the French River Bridge on the "C" trail.

It was probably us that did the most damage to the "C" trail along that stretch on Sat, sorry folks but we did raise over $1000 for cancer. We also made a good sized food/cash donation to the Parry Sound Food Bank.
Back to top Go down
FSTTOUR

FSTTOUR

PostSubject: Don't sweat the weather   Info please Nobel to French River? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 9:01 am

Just cameback from 3 days riding all over Parry Sound - Pointe Au Baril, Magnetawen, north end of Muskoka trails all good some small washouts - all trailed around - club trails and main trails in spring like or better shape - as the weekend progressed washouts froze over - weather is cold at night
Back to top Go down
Faceman

Faceman

PostSubject: French River   Info please Nobel to French River? EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 7:33 pm

If you haven't left already...cal the Owls nest 1-705-857-2565 for a no BS report..also a great place to stay....central , restaurant, gas.
It's about 40 km n/of the bridges.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Info please Nobel to French River?   Info please Nobel to French River? Empty

Back to top Go down

Info please Nobel to French River?
Page 1 of 1